CONTAINS SCRIPTED MINILESSONS AND MORE
Personal Narratives Writing Unit for 1st Grade and Kinder
This packet will take your young writers through the personal narrative writing process, with a focus on “adding more” or small moments for your advanced writers . It begins with an introduction to the elements of personal narratives. Students will then learn how to organize ideas, plan, write and revise. They will observe how to simply add on, or keep writing, stretch out moments, incorporate the five senses, add feelings, add dialogue, and add sparkle. It includes:
- 12 Minilessons
- 3 pp Teacher notes
- Resources/tips and charts for adding details, adding five senses, changing word choice and more
- 12 Charts/Posters for Introducing Elements of Personal Narratives
- Assorted Writing Papers
- Writing Prompts
- Graphic Organizers for: generating ideas, planning, sequence, adding feelings, adding details, incorporating the 5 senses, show not tell, sketching out my story and stretching out my story
- PPT slides demonstrating how to take a moment and stretch it out(several examples)
- A Student Checklist
- Papers for Published Book
I hope you enjoy using it!
Copyright © 2022 Can’t Stop Smiling, LLC
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.