Informational Writing Using Expert Books with Scripted Minilessons AND PowerPoint Lessons
Are you looking for a way to ENGAGE your writers and make them LOVE nonfiction writing?! This unit is common core aligned and chock full of resources to launch a nonfiction writing unit in which your students will create their own text feature-filled expert books. It can also be purchased as part of a Writing BUNDLE:
This nonfiction writing unit contains:
- Scripted minilessons
- PowerPoint Presentation(separate file)
- Anchor Charts
- Planning Sheets with Scaffolding
- Graphic Organizers
- Planner Samples(samples of webbing topics and details)
- Nonfiction Writing Samples
- Writing Paper with spaces for FUN FACTS and other text features
- Publishing Papers including covers
- Text Feature Posters with definitions AND examples
- Writing Checklist
In this unit, students will ADD TEXT FEATURES to their nonfiction expert books. They will be shown examples of each and will be able to create and add the following text features to their final published books:
- Table of Contents
- Photographs page with captions
- Fun facts
I hope you like it!
If you would like to hear of updates and promotions, please remember to follow my store. I so appreciate my followers and want to do whatever I can to make your teaching life easier. Please feel free to make product requests. Chances are if you are looking for something, others are too! Thanks again!!
Copyright © 2022 Can’t Stop Smiling, LLC
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.