2nd Grade Grammar For the Year with Scope and Sequence
Have you had trouble fitting grammar in, or had difficulty knowing exactly what to teach and in which order? This packet contains all you need to teach second grade grammar standards including a pacing guide. It makes teaching and learning grammar fun, engaging, easy, and effective!
- How is this version different from the original Gobs of Grammar? (this version includes the original Gobs of Grammar AND all the seasonal printables that align directly with the scope and sequnce in the monthly pacing guide)
- Do I need a Smartboard? (No, you need something to project on as there are teaching slides and interactive student activities within a PowerPoint)
- Does this include assessments? (Yes!)
- Are answer keys provided? (Yes!)
There are 6 products included in this zip file. ALL products align with the pacing guide in the original Gobs of Grammar(product #1 below). The products included are:
- Original Gobs of Grammar 2nd Grade
- Halloween and Grammar 2nd Grade
- Thanksgiving and Grammar 2nd grade
- Christmas and Grammar 2nd Grade
- Winter and Grammar 2nd Grade
- Spring and Grammar 2nd Grade
- Monthly Pacing Guide
- Lessons (projectable)
- PowerPoint presentation
- Whiteboard activities (dry erase boards) for guided practice
- Printables for independent practice
- Monthly Cover sheets
- Complete teacher instructions
The skills addressed are:
- What is a noun?
- Plural/common nouns
- Collective Nouns
- Irregular plural nouns
- Proper nouns
- Reflexive pronouns
- What is a verb?
- Verbs in past tense
- Irregular verbs
- What is an adjective?
- Using and forming adjectives
- What is an adverb?
- Using and forming adverbs
- What is a contraction?
- Using contractions
- Using apostrophes to show possessives
- Capitalizing Product Names, Geographic Names Holidays, and Days/Months
- Compound Sentences
- Complex Sentences
- Using commas in letter writing
- Enhancing Simple Sentences
- Rearranging Simple and Compound sentences
Copyright © 2022 Can’t Stop Smiling, LLC
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.